UPDATED: Position: Communications & Marketing Specialist
Reports To: Library Director
Position Summary: The Communications & Marketing Specialist supports and enhances the library’s brand through online communications internally and externally (including but not limited to) assisting with the content updates and overseeing the content of website, creation of print publicity, graphics, managing the content of digital signage, and overseeing social media.
· Part Library Webmaster: coordinate and manage website content and layout, including graphic design, branding, photography, and writing; monitor Google analytics for the website; serve as liaison to the website host
· Part Social Media Guru: create monthly digital newsletter (Constant Contact) for patrons and all social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google Business) with up-to-date and engaging content
· Part Steward of Digital Signage: design and manage graphics, branding, and writing for use in digital signage
· Part Publication & Printing Supervisor: coordinate and manage content for print advertising, press releases, and internal promotional materials (flyers, posters, etc.)
· Serve as library assistant with on-floor, in-library duties, working public service desks
· Other duties as assigned
· Education: Associate degree in a related communications or marketing field.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, Zoom, and other communication and graphics software
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Exemplify courteous behavior and creative problem resolution
· Ability to work cooperatively and have positive working relationship with patrons, co-workers, vendors, and media outlets
· Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and work independently
· Ability to transport self to off-site meetings, conferences, and trainings
· A heart for public service and information sharing
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift at least 30 pounds, reach high shelves, stoop, bend, and remain standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
Work Environment: Ability to work without supervision in a fast-paced multitasking environment, interact with public in cordial fashion, be receptive to change, and attentive to details
Hours: Hourly, non-exempt, full time (37.5+ hours). Must be available to work one evening a week and at least one Saturday a month
Salary Range: $30,000 – $65,000
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
Please email a letter of interest, resume, and three professional references (include name, title, telephone number, and e-mail address) to: Juli Wald | firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.