It’s back to school time! The start of a new school year could be your chance to get into a good routine with homework, lesson planning, and academic wellness. Whether you’re a student, parent, or teacher, we’ve got something for you at the library to help you start the school year right!
- Brainfuse HelpNow: Live homework help, online tutoring, writing feedback, flashcards, practice tests, lessons, and more.
- Peterson’s Test Prep: Offers practice tests to help you prepare for standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, GRE, and vocational tests.
- Explora for Public Libraries: Online encyclopedia on topics ranging from art to biographies to current events, and science.
- Accelerated Reader: Search for books and take short tests about the books on your school’s computer.
- Book Connections: Multimedia resources to go along with children’s books, including book trailers, movies with authors, and discussion questions.
- Teaching Books: E-books for children and teens, with special resources for educators.
- Culture Grams: Information on more than 200 countries, U.S. states, Canadian provinces and territories.
- Miss Humblebee’s Academy: Prepares children ages 3-6 for Kindergarten through literacy-strengthening games, science experiment videos, and printable craft activities.
- Points of View Reference Center: Resources that present multiple sides of an issue to help students assess and develop persuasive arguments and essays.
Other Resources Online
- Back to School: resources from the US Department of Education for parents, students, and educators
- Countdown to School Success: month-to-month guide for parents on how to support their students
- Checklist for Helping Your Child with Homework
- Back to School Anxiety During Covid: suggestions from the Child Mind Institute for how to help kids handle separation anxiety after months of being together
- Back to School Anxieties Students are Facing During the Pandemic by SingleCare
- Back to School Tips for Kids Who Are Struggling: advice for parents of children with ADHD or other learning disabilities
- Tips for Getting a Good Start in High School
- Back to School: Articles about back to school shopping on a budget, creating study spaces, and more
- 6 Research-Backed Sites and Apps that Can Boost Your Child’s Report Card
- Back to School Resources for Parents: Links to lots of useful articles and advice, from Edutopia