Tax Resources and Information
It’s tax time again! Though the library cannot give tax advice, we can connect you to the resources you’ll need to file your taxes.
This year, we have a very limited number of paper state tax forms and have not received any paper federal tax forms. However, you can access the tax forms you’ll need online and print them at the library. Find your tax forms here:
Tax Preparation Help
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program: free tax preparation and filing services from IRS-certified volunteers to households who make $57,000 or less. Call Goodwill Industries at 574-800-1361 to schedule an appointment.
- Guided tax preparation with IRS Free File: for households with income of $73,000 or less, free online tax preparation and filing at an IRS partner site. Begin with Free File on the IRS website; you will then be directed to partner sites to create an account.
- Directory of Federal Tax Return Preparers: Find a paid tax return preparer based on location, credentials, and other select qualifications.
- Authorized IRS e-File Providers: Find a paid service through which you can file your tax return electronically.
- Legal Information Reference Center: free database with legal information, including sections on business and personal taxes (under the “Money and Financial Planning” heading).
- What Do I Need to File My Taxes?: A checklist to make sure you have everything you need to get started with your tax return.
- Other IRS Tools, including a tax withholding estimator, how to check the status of your refund, and more.